All Articles: The Backstore
Shopping online is easy. You can do it when you want, wherever you want, in your pajamas, with a coffee in hand and your dog on your lap. No one will harass you to buy, you don't have to find parking or be exposed to the elements or smelly people.
It's almost perfect. Almost.
The downside of shopping online is returning product. It turns out those pink ski pants just don't go with your brown, plaid ski jacket. Woe is me. Off to the post office you go with package in hand and you must pay to ship it back to us. It isn't a huge hassle, but it still bugs us. So we came up with a solution.
Read more about free returns
Recently Altitude-sports.com has been receiving frequent calls to our customer service about a touchy (almost taboo) subject in the industry. Most of the calls begin with an innocent enough question about price comparisons. How can a jacket that is on our site be selling for over $600 when they have just seen it for sale on eBay or Kijiji for $119.99? It is obviously the same jacket so why the discrepancy in price? Sadly because it is not the same jacket.
Read more here
You can almost taste it
Are you picking up sticky marshmallows covered in pine needles? Is melted chocolate oozing down your Icebreaker? Perhaps you are tragically losing graham cracker cookies into the fiery depths of Mordor (that's the campfire)?
Are you looking for a Smore solution?
More about the smore here
You read the previous blog on Compostelle, you made up your mind and you will be leaving for Spain soon; before you fly I suggest you read the following, you may find something useful in this mishmash of personal experiences and tips that I learned from other pilgrims.
More tips from Rhéaume here
With autumn quickly approaching Altitude-sports.com is hiring!
Are you an outdoor enthusiast? Do you have a passion for technical clothing and equipment?
Take the first step towards an exciting future.
Shocking I know, but sometimes we here at Altitude-sports.com need a little diversion from all this outdoor stuff. It's almost friday so why not take off those Chaco sandals (to let the socks breath a little), undo the top button on your Patagonia Three Trees Shirt, and just enjoy life. I know I sure could do that a little more. If you aren't the type to look out at the sunset and sigh then check these photos out, hopefully they will put a smile on your face, as they did mine.
If you are liking what you see, the artist's work can be found here
Or check out the nifty blog that introduced us to him here. *warning: this blog will cause procrastination*
When my colleague first told me about this thing, I didn't understand a thing. When I saw the video for the first time, I found it... weird! It wasn't so long ago that humans dreamt of flying like birds. We took care of that. Now you need to know that you can now don a flying squirrel suit and glide through mountains.
Wingsuit Base Jumping: Watch the video
Spring is in the air and a great many of you have dusted off the bike for your commute to work. The best way to truly appreciate this great way to get around is to be properly equipped. That's why we were inspired to take a quick photo shoot with some fantastic options for women's bicycle commuting.
Bike Commute: What to wear
On the tail end of a winter that was full of frustrating weather keeping me from my favourite outdoor sports, this video was a much appreciated tonic. Although I could appreciate how much work and effort went into climbing and descending that mountain, it also felt effortless. I found the video carefree and full of hope. I also appreciated the harmony that reigned. Of course, the music didn't hurt. It's funny because I already heard the second Loch Lomond song in another bike video, alas I forget which one. I apologize for that. Anyhow, they had a great sound for the video. Speaking of great, how righteous were the visuals?
Into Thin Air: Watch the video
Is there really such a thing as a ‘business trip?’ Or should there be such a thing, I should say. Sure we went to Salt Lake City to see the Outdoor Retail Show, but maybe we could partake in some other activities while there as well. Hmm, what do you think? We googled ‘things to do in the Salt Lake area’ for hours, but all we could come up with was skiing at some little hill called Alta. This mountain averages about 500 inches of snow a year so, on a whim, we decided to give it a try (For fact hunters Mont-Tremblant receives 150). That’s enough snow to cover my thickly-spread sarcasm 10 times over.
Like all good journeys this one begins in recycled air and stale peanuts.
Get some more pleasure here, eh?
Altitude-sports.com tries year after year to provide you, the customer, with high-end, well-priced clothing and equipment for the outdoors. This isn’t easily done. There are hundreds of companies, each providing sometimes thousands of products, and a million tastes. How do we whittle it down to the products you see on this website? There are a few ways we go about deciding what to sample from each company, but truly the best way is to jump in a plane and head to the Outdoor Retailer Show in Salt Lake City. It's like being a kid in a candy store.
Check out some sneak peaks at this year's colours!
- February 18, 2013 15 New Brands – No.9 Smartwool Merino Clothing in Events, What’s New?
- February 15, 2013 Snapshot of Spring ’13 products: Icebreaker, Bogs & Lolë in What’s New?
- February 15, 2013 15 New Brands – No.8 Moncler in Events, What’s New?
- February 12, 2013 How to get an additional 20% discount on outdoor gear! in Events, What’s New?
- February 11, 2013 A Bright Idea: LuminAID light review in Product Reviews, What’s New?
- February 08, 2013 Canada Goose: Thermal Experience Index in Tips, What’s New?
- February 05, 2013 Arc’teryx Alpha SV jacket: a calculated review in Product Reviews
- February 05, 2013 Buy More, Save More: Get an additional 20% off when you buy 2 or more products* in Events, What’s New?
- February 01, 2013 What is a DWR? in Tips
- January 31, 2013 Fjallraven Kanken school pack: a retro review in Product Reviews, What’s New?
- January 29, 2013 Top Secret: Arc’teryx, Sorel, The North Face and more in Events, What’s New?
- January 21, 2013 Outdoor Retail Show 2013: the products of tomorrow in Events, What’s New?
- January 18, 2013 Patagonia R3 Hi-Loft jacket: breathability at its finest in Product Reviews
- January 14, 2013 Tough Gear for Tough People: Arc’teryx, Patagonia, and more in Product Reviews, Tips
- January 11, 2013 Canada Goose Burnett jacket and Lodge hoody in Product Reviews, What’s New?